Sunday, June 24, 2012

{cheery summer wreath DIY}


There are so many cute burlap wreaths floating around in blogland {and on Pinterest}, and I've wanted to try my hand at one for awhile now. I had a bunch of leftover burlap from my DIY table runner project, so all I needed was my trusty glue gun, some fabric, yarn and a wreath form for this easy project.


I started off by cutting some long strips of burlap and wrapping them around the wreath until I had enough to cover the entire thing. Then I cut some strips of fun fabric and wrapped them around the wreath until I got the placement that I liked. I raided my yarn stash and was happy to find that I had the perfect colors to go with my fabric. I used it to make five coordinating pom poms.


Once I had my design all figured out, I removed everything and attached it with my hot glue gun. First the burlap strips, then the fabric, and finally the yarn pom poms.


And then, so I could hang it on our front door, I used a large plastic needle and some more yarn to make a hanger on the back.


And then it was ready for the front door!


This was such an easy and quick project, and considering I already had the fabric, burlap and yarn, I was only out the $2.99 I spent on the wreath form. I love how bright, cheery and summery the colors in the fabric and yarn are...they make our front door so inviting...



This wreath definitely says Happy Summer

post signature




10 comments:

The CSI Girl said...

How cute!!!I would love for you to do a tutorial in July for the CSI project. You can see the challenges on the blog and email me to sign up. I would love to have you on the blog.
www.thecsiproject.com
dee@thecsiproject.com

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

I love all of these colors and it looks so great!! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!!
Hope you have had a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.com

Danavee said...

Very cute wreath!

Thanks for stopping by the blog! Yes, try Birchbox out once the budget allows! It's like Christmas once a month!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love that!! fun summery colors for sure!!! Thanks for sharing!

Ester Durães said...

I love how colourful this wreath looks! love the pompons :)

Julie said...

This wreath is super awesome! I love the colors. :)

Julie
www.jamscorner.com

Randi @ Regal Rhino said...

Mandy, I found your blog through Time Out Tuesday so I'm a new follower! I'll check you out on Etsy, too. My shop is RegalRhino on Etsy. I LOVE your wreath! The color combo is amazing...where did you find that fabric, I need me some of that!! I blog at www.regalrhino.com if you get a chance to check it out! Hope to talk to you soon!

Jess_LyMi said...

This is really adorable! Found your blog from The Winthrop Chronicles Linky party. I love those little yarn poms. :)

Jess

J. Lynn Martin — Author said...

I love how it came out, and how it was free (except for the wreath form) - those are the best kind of projects! :) p.s. I found you via the Show & Share party at Southern Lovely :)

Anonymous said...

Cute wreath! I saw it on the Whatever Goes Wednesday link party, and I had to come over to check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...