Sunday, June 03, 2012

{solar print children's activity}


As an art and nature lover, I was all over this fun activity that my Mom bought to do with the boys a few weekends ago. It was a super hot day, but also really sunny, so it was perfect weather to try out this Solar Print Kit...


First we had the boys pick out some leaves and other natural items from my parents' garden, which was fun for them because it has a lot of different plants and herbs.

Then we helped them arrange them on the kit's light sensitive paper...


Once they had them arranged, we put the paper inside a plastic folder that came with the kit, and put them out into the direct sunlight...



When the paper had turned from blue to white, we were ready to remove the leaves and rinse the paper in some lukewarm water. The boys enjoyed this part, watching the paper turn back to blue and the areas where the leaves were turned back to white...


 Ben was slightly distracted by his Batman belt...


And here was the finished product!


I think I will frame them in some small white frames and find a little corner of the house for them. I really love the single leaf print that Ben did...reminds me of a feather. :) Have you done any fun nature activities with your kids lately? I'd love to hear about them!

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...