Wednesday, January 21, 2015

{making your own magic}


Did you know I can open and shut car windows with my mind?

OK...so I really can't, but I had the boys believing I was magic today, and that in itself made me feel like supermom.

We were driving home from my office, and Landon rolled his window down. It took Ben by surprise, and Landon tried to convince him that it was magic. I decided to take that and roll with it, so I told them I could open and shut the windows with a simple command.

For the rest of our 15 minute commute, they yelled out requests.

"Mom's window down!"

"Mom's window up!"

"Landon's window down!"

"Landon's window up!"

Man I had fun with it. I would roll one down halfway, then slowly roll it back up in short spurts. They were laughing and freaking out and oohing and aahing.

It was fabulous and so magical even though all it involved was a sneaky press or pull of a lever.

We were making our own magic.



Isn't that what life is all about?

Finding magic in something so ordinary and boring and sometimes frustrating as a drive home from work. There is magic everywhere if we look for it.

And if there is none to be found, we can create it. Kind of like a super power, if you will.

Where could your life use a bit more magic?

XO,
signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...